Monday, October 9, 2017

Shoelace Braid

I love showing you guys new braids, especially new braids that are so easy but look complicated. This one is called a shoelace braid because the first step in tying your shoes is exactly what you are doing with the hair. You just do it over and over again until you get down to the bottom of your head.
You can do the shoelace braid a couple of ways. You can stop it after three ties on one side and secure it with a small hair tie and combine it into a pony tail.  I like to do it the way I showed in the video which is on two sides secured with a messy bun.

If you are dealing with thin hair, make your sections for the "ties" a little bigger so that they keep their shape.  If the hair is thicker, do the opposite. Make the sections smaller because you are dealing with a lot more hair.


I can't wait to see this braid on you or your kiddo! It always looks so cute!!!


1 comment:

  1. I love this!!! Thanks!! What a neat idea (and it looks fabulous) -- thanks for showing the normal world how to do hair well :) I'm excited to try this with Elizabeth or Emma!

    ReplyDelete