Friday, October 20, 2017

Podcasts!

Do you guys listen to podcasts? I love them!  I run a few days a week and sometimes I get sick of just listening to music so I listen to a lot of podcasts.  I thought I would share a few of my favorites!

1.  Serial Season 1. This is a series put out by This American Life from WBEZ Chicago.  Serial Season 1 is about a murder and trial that from 1999.  It is so unbelievably interesting.  You will not want to stop listening to this.  Go download this right now.

2.  This American Life.  They are the group that put out Serial, but every week on Sunday they put out their own podcast.  The topics vary greatly, but they are always entertaining and interesting to listen to.

3. How I Built This.  Just this past summer I started listening to this and have really enjoyed it.  It is a podcast about well known business that we buy or use all the time and how they got their start and what their story is all about.  Tom's shoes and Airbnb so far have been my favorite.

4. The Village Church is a church in Texas pastored by Matt Chandler. If you are looking for Biblicaly sound doctrine, give him a listen.  He is easy to listen to and always has sermons that I love and listen to again.

5. Freakonomics.  This one is interesting.  If you love to learn about strange happenings, different events, or life things, this is a podcast you would like.

If you are completely new to podcasts and have an iPhone, you should have an app on your phone that is purple and has a P on it.  Once in the app there is a search button. There you can search any of the podcasts I listed above.  If I was first starting out, I would first start listening to Serial Season 1.  It is so gripping. It will get you hooked!

2 comments:

  1. Jen Hatmaker's Podcast, For the Love is a definite favorite of mine. Also, I listen to the Austin New Church podcast as well--Brandon Hatmaker is the lead pastor there.

    ReplyDelete