Friday, August 11, 2017

Q &A

I asked you all to send me your questions and I received a bunch, so I am going to cover a few in this post. Some of them, I will just be touching on briefly, and later will dedicate a full post to it.

1. I got a lot of questions about my hair.  How do I keep it so blonde?  What colors do I use on it?  How can I get my hair like that?  Etc.

My hair is naturally a dirty blonde color. It has gotten darker after each of my kids, which is really normal. Don't panic if it is happening to you! I am lucky because my mom does hair also, so not only was I able to grow up around it, she is an excellent stylist, does great color, and is always willing to do my hair. That being said, I like my hair really light. It works well with my skin tone, so I keep it light all year long. We do heavy highlights in my hair, with lots of them and close together.  We are very careful that we are just retouching my roots at this time, so that the integrity of my hair stays healthy and strong.  Once the highlights lift, we rinse out all the bleach really well and then towel dry my hair so that the bulk of the moisture is out.  At this point it is called toning. So for you blondes out there ask your stylist for this part.  It is what will make the blondes that pretty blonde color.  For the roots we did a 7 ash color with a 10 volume. This helps my dark hair blend well with the blonde.  For the bang portion of my hair and along with the rest of the hair, we used a level 10 with ash and violet.  This is what helps keep my blonde not brassy.  Leave that all on for about 10 mins and then wash out.  Why did I tell you all that if you don't do hair?  Well, if you are wanting that light hair and your stylist isn't getting it just how you want, you can bring this to them and they will have an even more clear picture of what you are hoping for!

That is how my blonde is achieved, but to keep it blonde, I use a few other products.  For shampoo, I bounce between two.  I love Bed Heads Dumb Blonde. It makes my hair feel great after processing it so much. I also love Biolage Color treated shampoo.  Joico also makes a shampoo just for blondes called Color Balanced Purple Shampoo.  It will not turn your hair purple, but it does have purple pigments that gets rid of the yellow that blondes can have.

My hair is cut in a long bob or a "lob" style.  I have very minimal layers because they thin my hair out.  I have a very simple easy-to-maintain cut.  Even though I do hair, I sometimes go longer than I should between my cuts!!

2. What is a good natural deep conditioner?

I love coconut oil. If you go back a few post I have a whole section on why I love it.  But I also have a post coming out with a list of deep conditioners that I like.  While coconut oil does a good job, sometimes you need a little something more.

3.  What is a good natural products for coloring hair?

I am biased on this one. I don't use all natural products on my hair.  The color is on your head for such a short period of time and so infrequently that I like to use color that I know is going to work really well for my clients.  The closest thing to natural hair color would be Aveda color.  They claim to be all natural, but I know that stylist have a love/hate relationship with these colors because of how they work.

If you are wondering about a natural shampoo that is going to help keep your color in after you color it, I always recommend Purology Hydrate Shampoo.  Purology is a little pricey, but it works well, and it is a more natural product.

4.What are super quick hair styles for people who have never done anything with their hair before?

This is a great question and I feel like it deserves a whole post by itself.  I have one coming soon!

5. What are a few hair styles for baby fine toddler/ baby hair?

The stage of that wispy hair is difficult. There isn't much to be done but you want it to look halfway decent and at least out of their eyes.  I totally get this! If you have you seen my Haddie's hair, most of the time girlfirend's hair looks like a hot mess.  One of my go-to's is a pony in the bangs to keep it off her face. We called it the Poppy pony (she thinks she looks like Poppy for Trolls).  Another method I use is we have lots of little clips that are small enough that they don't pull her hair.  I will link the ones I like on the bottom.  Also Ii the hair has little length on it, you can put a tiny French braid up there.  You also can't go wrong with headbands. I like the ones that are a bit thicker and have a knot in them.  They are soft on their head and they stay in all day. I linked some below, but if you are local, Mother & Earth Baby Boutique has some really cute ones in their store.

I love the questions you all asked.  I have a few more to answer but will save those for another time!

No comments:

Post a Comment