Friday, August 18, 2017

Summer Hair Refresh!

Summer can be hard on your hair, even if you don't color or highlight it.  Between swimming in the pool or lake, or being in the sun, summer can take its toll on your hair. While I do love a good coconut oil mask, I found a few others masks that I think work really well.

First, make sure you trim those dead ends off. Sometimes just doing that can make a world of difference.

One that you can pick up right at Meijer or Target is Neutrogena Triple Moisture Hair Mask. This is a gentle mask, but very hydrating. You can find this one for $6

For my curly haired friends that want a drug store find, try Dove Advanced Hair Intense Restoration Mask.  While I would not be able to use this on my hair because I wouldn't be able to curl my hair for days because it is so hydrating,  it would be great for dry curly hair. Even if your hair is not super curly and more corse this would be a mask for you.  It helps bring moisture to your hair, define those curls, and help control frizz due to dryness. This one runs about $6.


If you are looking for more salon grade ones theses are a few that I would recommend.

Redken Diamond Oil helps add moisture to your hair to help get that shine back. Your hair will not be shiny if you aren't conditioning it.   Redken makes solid products. Very rarely have I come across a Redken product that didn't work well.  You can purchase this for $20.

The other one I like to recommend is Moroccanoil Intense Hydarating Mask.  I like most of Moroccanoil products. They make some good hydrating treatments and oils to help smooth down those cuticles.  This product is going to replenish the moisture, help with shine, and improve your overall texture.  You can find this product for $28.

Keep in mind, when you are using a mask, follow the recommendations that come with it.  Masks are not intended to be every day type things. Use once a week at the most.  Also, remember that your hair will be extremely soft afterwards. Don't do it near a time when you want to curl your hair. Those curls won't stay well.


No comments:

Post a Comment