Monday, August 28, 2017

Fall Hair Trends!

Didn't I just write the post about spring/summer hair trends?  That is how it feels. Summer just flies by. I love summer so much, but fall in Michigan is beautiful!

Here are some trends that I am seeing for fall.  For haircuts, not a ton has changed on that front.  You are seeing more bangs.  They are either very razored and piecey looking or you are going with the very blunt straight across trend.  While in theory I love bangs, a good reminder is that bangs are fussy and always require work. So my advice is to think long and hard about cutting bangs.




You are also going to be seeing what they are calling "the shag".  Now of course this style already happened in the 70's. We aren't channeling the Mrs. Brady style shag, as this is a bit more disconnected, which means the layers aren't as blended, and some are shorter layers. They are very textured layers to achieve that messy look.



If you are a long haired girl, the trend for long hair is to keep the length and have no layers.  One length long hair, again very 70s here.  We are seeing a bit of a trend aren't we? 😃

Cuts that are still working great for fall are those long bobs; they are so classic and versatile. If you have a little girl that is ready to cut her hair,  most of the time I recommend a long bob. It gives them the change that they need without going too short!


Now for color.  This fall is where some people like to change up their color a little.  They like to add some reds, or a warm color or tone down their blonde for the summer.  Not me. I like my hair blonde all year long. Boring I know! If I was going to be adventurous and really switch things up, I have all heart eyes for that solid Rose Gold hair.  I just love it!


A very popular trend this fall is called Merlot color. It really embraces the red, copper, and violet tones.  So if in the spring you decided to do an ombre and your ends are lighter and you want to change it up for fall, this would be a great choice.  If you aren't afraid of color, give it a try!
If you do have ombre hair, and are ready to be done with it, this is a great way to try a little red brown on it, or get really daring and give that red violet look a try.  I love how the red violet looks on dark hair. It is so pretty!



Another easy fall trend is toning your blonde from the summer.  Let's say you decided to get highlights and now you don't want them anymore. Have your stylist tone them to a caramel, or golden brown.  It updates your look and warms up your hair a bit more. I think this picture shows how her highlights are toned down towards the back of the head, but around her face they left it a bit lighter.  This is a place that would naturally stay light, so this is a great fall transition color.


Along that same line is putting in low lights.  I have quite a few clients that for spring and summer we just go highlights but come fall and winter, we start putting in some lowlights.  It still allows them to have lighter hair, but adds more dimension.

These are just a few ways you can update your hair for fall!!

No comments:

Post a Comment