Friday, August 25, 2017

Let's be pretty...




I love this saying.  While I really love to do hair and braids, I hope most of all that I am instilling in my girls the importance of being these types of "pretty".  My goal for my business is not only to do the best that I can on people's hair, but to make my clients feel cared for and valued.  I am so lucky that I get to talk and grow alongside my clients.  I love when I get to be part of their weddings and special events, when they bring new babies to my salon, and when they get to special milestones.  My hope during my interaction is that people walk away not only happy with their hair, but valued and heard. 

And that is what I hope to instill in my girls! That while it is nice to have your hair done, that it is only a fragment of what makes them beautiful.  I hope that their inward beauty will shine further then their outward. With the kids in school now we have been talking about including the new kids, or asking someone to play, or sitting by someone different at lunch.  My hope is that no matter what, they are always "pretty kind".

A big thing we talk about in our house is "dirty cup/clean cup".  A cup can look "clean" from the outside, but when you get closer, if it is dirty on the inside, no one wants to drink out of it.  If your inside is clean, that is what truly matters and people will want to have that cup.  

I hope all your kiddos are having a great time going back to school!

No comments:

Post a Comment