Monday, June 5, 2017

Something I Always Wanted to Try

I did something that I have been reading a lot about and and really wanted to try.  I finally got brave and went and had my eyelashes lifted and tinted.
So what does that mean?  An eyelash lift if basically a perm for your eyelashes.  The pictures do a good job on showing what the process looks like.

Here is my before picture, with nothing on my lashes. You can hardly see them. They are short and blonde.




They start the process by completely cleaning the eyelash area.  From there they lay white pads underneath the eyes.  They didn't bother me at all.  They are just there to prevent anything getting on the skin.

First she did the lift.  You close your eyes and she applies this thin bumped little mold to the base of your lid, right next to your eyelashes.  Then they put a small adhesive on the mold and with a small tool, she pushes all your eyelashes up on to the mold.

 Once all your eyelashes are on the mold, she starts the actual lifting process.  First she applies the a small amount of "perming solution"  No need to worry it is not like perm solution for your hair.  It does not burn at all.  She leaves it on for about 10-12 mins.


 Then wipes it off with a cotton swab. Once cleaned, she put on a setting solution. Again no burning or irritation to my eyes whatsoever. After 10 mins she wiped them off again.  Now my eyelash were lifted at this point.

 But this blonde girl needed them to be darkened up, so we did a tint also. It was so fast and simple.  I closed my eyes, she applied a special type of eye lash color to them, and then I laid for 15 mins in the quiet.  She then washed them off and they were ready to go.

The lift is expected to last about 2 months and the tint is expected to last about 1 month.

My thought?  I love them.  It is so nice to have dark eye lashes that are always curled.  I thought it would be awesome to not have to wear mascara if I didn't want to in summer.

I went to Kenneth Brandt Salon in Mason.  The salon is cute and the area I was in was peaceful and clean.  I had a esthetician named Riley. She was sweet and very informational with what she was doing.  She did an excellent job.  The tint and the lift was $70, which I didn't think was terrible, considering specialty services are usually the most expensive.  Since I like this so much I can see this being something I do again once it wears off. You are also able to get the services separately if you need one more then the other.

Here are my after pictures.



You are able to wear mascara and wash your eyes as normal.  Product does not affect the results of the lift and color.

If you have any questions about my experience let me know, or if you have any questions about the process call the salon. They were very helpful when I first called.

No comments:

Post a Comment