Thursday, June 29, 2017

A New Twist on a Classic

French Twists were super popular back in the 90's with their smooth and polished look.  Now when you go to Pinterest and search French Twist you will see a much more relaxed and "messy" look. There is a lot of texture in the new version which is great because then it is easy to do and it doesn't have to be perfect.

I started with my hair curled. Because my hair is naturally straight I need the curls to help with body and texture.  I then like to spray dry shampoo and back comb to help lift the hair a bit off my head.  Those two things seem to take the longest, so the video only highlights how I pin it up.

What I love about styles like this, and the chignon that I will show later, is that when it is hot you don't have to worry about your hair falling or your curls looking bad after a  day in the humidity.  These type of styles stay well on most types of hair.

Now if your hair is super thick you will have to work with it a bit more to get it to stay up. I would suggest using the really long bobby pins because they are going to have more holding strength for the weight of your hair. If you have thinner hair, use curls and dry shampoo to work in your favor.







No comments:

Post a Comment