Friday, May 26, 2017

Two Day Hair

I know there are a lot of people that like to get a few days out of their hair before they have to wash it again.  I thought I would give you a few great tips to get a few days out of a blow dry as well.  For the health of your hair, it is good to give it a break from the blow dryer.

Some hair can go longer between blow drying than others.  If you are prone to oily hair you might not be able to get two days out of your blow dry because it gets too greasy by the end of the day. I know for me, I can only get two days out of my hair.  I usually curl it one day and then the next it has to go up in a braid or pony tail because it is too oily to stay down another day.  If you have curly hair or hair that has a good amount of texture, you can probably go several days with out shampooing, which is great.  You are allowing those natural oils to help you hair and you probably notice that after the first day your hair gets better and styles easier for you.

Here are a few of my tips:

1.  On the first day, style it how you like, but try to keep your hands out of your hair.  Your hands combing through your hair can make it greasy looking because you skin has oils on it.

2.  Wear it in a loose high pony tail at night.  I like to use those hair ties that have the little knot in them.  They are not tight and then do not leave a crease line.  Wearing it in a loose pony helps your hair not to rub all over your pillow at night and make snarls.

3. If you are really committed to not shampooing every day you can buy a silk pillow case.  I have not tried this, but everything I have read says the silk is better for your hair and even you skin.

4. If you exercise in the morning and your head gets sweaty, use your blow drier on the cool setting to dry the hair.

5. DRY SHAMPOO! This is a life saver for second day hair.  I really like Living Proof dry shampoo or Dove dry shampoo.  In my opinion Living Proof works the best, as it really soaks up that oil that can come on the second day.  Take the dry shampoo and spray your roots. Once it is set in, style your hair as normal.

If all else fails, find a cute braid or pony tail and do that for your second day hair!

For girls with curly hair, I know your hair may get frizzy.  I suggest rewetting your hair and then applying your product again. Generally with curly hair, your hair will look and feel better the further apart you wash it.


No comments:

Post a Comment