Sunday, May 14, 2017

Summer Hair Trend

I am so ready for summer!  I can't wait until the temperature starts to warm up and we can enjoy being outside again! With summer on the mind I thought I would do a roundup of some hairstyles, colors, and cuts you will be seeing this spring.

For hair color you will see a lot of color melting.  It is a much more subtle take on the big ombre trend of the past few years. I am happy to see that dramatic ombre trend leaving, which was not one of my favorite. The color melting or "sombre" as they are calling it, isn't as dramatic and it in my opinion is much prettier.  The advantage of this new technique is that it grows out very nicely, which is great for people who want a change with highlights but don't want the up-keep of a normal full highlight. This works great if you have dark hair and are looking for a bit of a difference. Even if you have more blonde hair, doing a sombre is going to lighten up the ends even more.  It looks natural and it is a perfect no fuss color for summer. Something I cannot get on board with yet is the silver looking hair.  I am not ready to be gray, so I do not want to put it in there on purpose.




For haircuts, there isn't one main style right now like there has been in the past.  For shorter hair the trend is very blunt cuts with very square ends.  I am sure you all remember the inverted bob that took over for a long time.  Now, you are getting rid of that angle and keeping everything squared up.  I like this trend. I think it is a style that more face shapes can pull off. A cut that I currently have and I think is a happy medium to not have short hair and not have super long hair is a long bob or LOB.  You still have a style but you can curl your hair and still do a fair amount of styles with it. Long hair with long layers is also very popular right now.  Long hair is great and looks beautiful when it is well taken care of.  If you love your long hair, remember that the ends still do need to be cut to keep it looking healthy!



As for styles, I think the huge trend is wavy hair. When you scroll through Pinterest you see tons of pictures of wavy beach-like hair. If you are still struggling with that wavy look, go back a few post and find a tutorial I did.  The second one that I am seeing all the time is braids. From kids' style to adults, even to formal up-dos, braids are popular right now.



For men or boys, right now you are seeing a lot of guys wearing a fade, where it is very short on the sides, gradually gets longer, and then they leave the top fairly long.  The other is the comb over, which is not a great name for it because generally the connotations with a comb over aren't great.  I love this hair cuts for guys. This is what Nolan has right now. We keep the sides nice and tight and then give him a distinct part and then leave the top longer so when it is combed over the top looks full.  If you are really cool ;-) some guys will even do a "hard part" where their part is shaved in. You are also seeing razor lines again in guys.  I know, I know, is it 1995 again? They are back!



The pictures that I am using today are not mine.  They are ones that I have found that best describe what I am talking about.  They are all images I found on Pinterest, which is a great resource, but remember to have realistic hair visions!

No comments:

Post a Comment