Friday, April 14, 2017

More Than a Messy Bun

I came across this picture on Pinterest and knew I had to try it on my self.  I like having styles that ups my messy bun game and this style does that.

The video does a great job showing how to achieve this style. I started with having my hair curled because I need it for the texture and body.  I started with the braid further back on my head. I used the inside out braid, but it would also look good with a French braid.  Once the first braid is secure, I did the braid in the front and secured it right behind my ear.  After the braids, you can pull it back in to a messy bun or just a pony tail.

Everyone does their messy buns differently.  Since my hair isn't super long I do have to use a few bobby pins to keep the hair in place.

I think this will be my go to hairstyle as the weather starts to warm up and I don't want my hair down.

When I was doing the video I mentioned that it would be a style that you could turn into a more formal up-do.  You could do the two braids and then go back a few post and combine the chignon look that I showed you!  If you have a wedding in the summer, give it a try!






No comments:

Post a Comment