Monday, April 10, 2017

Faux Mohawk Braid

I am always trying to find or come up with styles that look good, are functional, and have a little variation that works for most ages.  In today's post I demonstrate how to do the style on Kinsley and then I show how it looks on me also.

I show in the video, start to finish, what I do on Kinsleys hair.  I believe it was well under 10 minutes for me to completely style her hair, which is huge when you have an impatient little girl.  I like to do this style on myself as well when I want my hair out of my eyes, but still want my hair down for the day.

You can do this style on curled or straight hair. I like to section off the braided portion and then clip the rest of the hair back so it is out of the way.  Take your top section and divide the front section in to three parts just like you would for any braid.  You can do a regular French braid or a Dutch braid.  Braid until the top of your head.  Once braided, I always like to fatten my braid up and then secure it in a top knot. For Kinsley's I do hers right on the top of her head and for mine I pull it down a little more.

The video shows just how fast this cute new style is!





No comments:

Post a Comment