Sunday, February 26, 2017

How to curl with a wand!




People sent so many pictures to me after they used my video with the curling iron (I loved it!), that I figured everyone was ready for a video on how to use a curling wand.  A curling wand is similar to a curling iron, but it doesn't have a spring clasp on it to hold the hair. Instead you use your fingers to hold the hair in place. Sounds exciting, right?


I use a NUME curling wand.  You can purchase them right from the website at www.numeusa.com, or at Ulta.  The one I use is a 1 inch wand, and runs about $70. If you follow NUME on Facebook or Instagram, they run specials all the time and you can usually snag one for around $40.

I love my wand and use it almost daily.  It heats up and cools off so nicely and I also really like the shape of the wave it produces.

To curl with a wand you begin just like a curling iron.  I part my hair depending on how curly I want it.  I prep it with Rusk working hair spray and I start curling.  You are really just wrapping your hair around a hot wand and holding it there with your fingers.  It does take some practice to avoid burning yourself, but you can also use the glove to help prevent the burns. Happy curling!




No comments:

Post a Comment