Tuesday, March 28, 2017

What to do when your daughter wants to do her own hair?

I think it is very common for some girls to get to a certain age or stage of life and want to do their own hair.  I hope Kinsley doesn't get to that stage because I love doing her hair.  I thought I would come up with a few tips to help your daughter learn how to do her hair and how to make it easy and fun for them.

One rule in our house, even if Kinsley leaves her hair down, is no"rat's nest". No matter what, hair needs to brushed well.  A way to help your daughter brush their hair well is one of these cute fun colored mini Wetbrushes.  It can be their brush and you can show them how to brush their hair well, including how to get the back and the underneath where it can get tangled.

It could be helpful to talk with your daughter about the importance of brushing and washing their hair as it keeps the hair healthy and allows it to grow well.

I also like to include Kinsley in deciding what style she wants for her hair. I will sometimes have Kinsley go through Pintrest and find little girl's styles that she likes and wants me to recreate.  She feels included in the process and likes to see how they turn out.

Another way to help them do their hair is with fun clips that are easy for them to put in.  We really like these cool colored bobby pins.You can sometimes get lucky and find colored bobby pins at The Dollar Store. They look cute when we use them just to pull the front back.   You can show them how to pull their hair over to the side and clip in a fun accessory. If they are older, start teaching them a basic braid and how to use a hair tie.

 I hope these basic tips and the few links I added help you and your daughter get that hair done in the mornings!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment