Thursday, March 16, 2017

Fishtail Braid!


 
I  have shown both a French and a Dutch braid so far, so I thought we would show how to do a fishtail.  The look of this braid is just different enough to make it a very popular choice. 
Fishtail braids do work best with a good amount of hair both in thickness and in length. It kind of eats up the length of the hair when you are doing it. 


Fishtail are different mainly in the sense that you are only using two strands.  You spilt the hair in half and pull hair from the outside of the sections.  Take an outside section and cross it over the original section and then under the section in your other hand. Then repeat on the other side.  Fishtails are a little tricky because you do have to place the hair on the underside of each other to get that crossed over look.  I hope the video explains and shows you exactly how I hold the hair in my hands and how I cross it over!


No comments:

Post a Comment