Friday, September 22, 2017

All Things Pumpkin

I love all things pumpkin.  I eat pumpkin items all year round, but really amp it up come fall time.   So, I thought I would share with you all of my favorite pumpkin treats.

Pumpkin Spice Nutpods - Nutpods are non-dairy coffee creamer.  They are really good. They allow a little flavor to your coffee, but without all the unnecessary cream and sugar.  I order mine on Amazon. Unfortunately they seem to be sold out everywhere! Amazon doesn't have them right now and even the official Nutpd website is sold out.  Hopefully they will be back soon!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies - This recipe is from my "Fowler Cookbook" and it is one of my favorites.  The cookies are incredible and are always a hit whenever I bring them some place.  I always double the batch because it does not make a ton of cookies.

Pumpkin Chocolate Cookies
1 C. cooked pumpkin
1 C. sugar
1/2 C. vegetable oil
2 C. flour
1 egg
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon 
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. soda dissolved in 1 tsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 C. chocolate chips
Mix all together and bake at 350 degrees for about 12 mins.





Pumpkin Crunch Cake - Pure delicious.  It is like a pumpkin coffee cake, but with the chopped pecans and melted butter on top, it is just so much better!  I have to make this cake when I know people will be around to eat it, or else I end up eating way too much.  Here is the link for my favorite pumpkin crunch cake. Pumpkin Crunch Cake

Pumpkin Muffins - Now these are actually good for you.  Made with whole grains and sweetened with honey, they taste like a treat but are surprisingly healthy.

Carrot-Pumpkin Muffin
1 1/2 C. Whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 egg
1 C. pumpkin
3/4 C. honey
3 TBSP. applesauce
1 C. shredded carrots
Mix all together and put in muffin tins. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.


Pumpkin Whip with Ginger Snaps - This recipe takes only a few ingredients and no more than 10 minutes to make.  It is a great dessert to bring to a get-together because it is fairly lite. I am not a huge ginger snap fan, but with the pumpkin whip, you barely notice the ginger snaps.  I guess if you did not like ginger snaps, you could eat it with graham crackers too! Pumpkin Whip


No comments:

Post a Comment