Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Flower Girl Updo

I have had good luck with getting Kinsley's hair to stay in whichever way I put it.  Kinsley has slightly wavy hair, with a decent thickness and a nice texture.  It took her five years to actually grow hair, but once it came in,  it came in really nice.

So, I wanted to try an updo for you all on some thinner hair, to see if I could get it to stay and to look nice and full. Kins has a sweet little friend, who has perfectly straight, angel soft, blonde hair.  It is perfect hair to see if it would work.  Plus she is in a wedding soon, so it was good practice.
As you can see Anna's hair is so pretty and blonde. It is also very soft and fine.



Her hair does not love to stay tightly curled with a curling iron, so I decided to use Hot Tools hot sticks.  These things can curl anything. Before I put the hotstick in, I do spray the hair with a little of the Rusk workable hair spray.

Side Note: If you buy these, make sure you buy perm paper wraps.  They are thin little papers that you have to wrap the ends in.  I linked them below, but you can also find them at Sally's in the perm section.  It protects them from the heat and make sure the ends don't curl badly.

This is what they should look like in the hair.  Keep them in until the sticks are all cooled down.



Once cooled and removed, you can take a light hair spray to help hold the curl.  I also like to put a little paste in the hair to help separate the curls. It looks insanely curly, but for little girl updos, the curlier the better because you know that their hair is going to relax a lot.



From here, the video will do a great job showing and describing what I did to get the back up and to make it look full.

What I really like to do for young girls, specially ones with thinner hair is to do a nice braid in the front.  It holds the front wispy pieces in well.  It keeps the hair looking good all day, and it makes sure nothing falls out.




When doing updo on kids I use my regular hair spray.  I want to make sure that it is holding extremely well.





No comments:

Post a Comment